- Big words are like big cars- they’re often signs of something else being a teeny bit small.
- Exclamation marks are for the deaf.
- Clouds are not like cotton candy. Clouds are cotton candy.
- Ellipsis me, and … I’ll… ellipsis… you…right…back…
- No one’s born an asshole, not even your villain.
- All writing is erotic. Do I get your attention?
- Also, abstinence is hot.
- Place is character and grief is a weather.
- Arrive fashionably late to your story and leave fashionably early.
- Drama means doing in Greek.
- Don’t make a scene in public, but do make a hell of a scene on the page.
- Scenes are mini 3-act structures, by the way.
- Characters never say what they mean, I mean it.
- I don’t want to know anything. I want to anticipate everything.
- You’re not the narrator, you’re the author. Stay out of it.
My Mind is a Cork Board on Which I’ve Pinned These Notes:
by Mai Serhan